I didn't know what to call it, but here's a "spectrum" I imagined:
- simple grunts etc.
- [the space around/steps prior to articulate/analytic, literal language]
- articulate/analytic, literal language
- internet, search engines
- semantic net
- artificial intelligence assisted semantic internet thing
Though it turns out that this "spectrum" can be split into more than one.
Communication of information
- quantity of information communicated per unit time
- quantity of information communicated per unit effort/energy
- ephemerial/persistent (availability through time)
- number of "users" who receive the info (can also be "per unit time"/"per unit effort" here)
- quantity of information processed per unit time
- quantity of information processed per unit effort/energy
- skill required by the user
- types of calculations that can be done
- frequency and type of errors
Division of intellectual labor is of little use if you can't trust the quality of work that it gives to you. Was the data used in the calculation accurate? Was the calculation correctly formulated to give the information you wanted?
A good solution is some kind of auditing and review process that you, personally, can trust (Trust Aggregation). Information and Information processing about the information and information processing.